MCEC Palmers Green Mosque runs hifdh (quran memorisation) classes all through the year. Students are taken on only after an entrance exam and places are limited to 11 places.
Classes run every evening from 5:30 to 7:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Students will be given a trial period of 4 weeks wherein they will be tested so that their ability may be ascertained by their teacher.
- Thereafter, realistic targets will be set by teachers for each child. There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ method. Students will have different journeys according to their ability.
- This course is data driven; you will be allocated reasonable targets and will be required to meet them.
- Students will be examined termly.
Parents meetings will be held once a year and ongoing reports of progress will be provided to parents.
Lessons are broken down into 3 parts:
- 40 minutes: Qur’an recital to teacher of new homework/ lesson
- 40 minutes: Recital of previous two lessons and current lesson together
- 40 minutes: Consolidation: A minimum of ¼ Juz per lesson