Senior Imam / Religious Counsellor
Muslim Community and Education Centre, Palmers Green Mosque, is a charitable incorporated organisation. Our primary aim is to provide a place of worship, educational and social facilities for the local Muslim community in accordance with the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh). We also aim to provide a range of culturally sensitive services for the wider communities of North London, drawing upon our Islamic values, with a view to improving quality of life and enhancing community cohesion.
Our Objectives are:
1. Focus on the needs of the diverse Muslim community, by the provision of a place of worship and education, whilst ensuring these services are open to all.
2. Provide Muslims and non-Muslims with the opportunity to learn and understand Islam, through dialogue, discussion and social interaction and to dispel the common misconceptions of Islam.
3. Meet the needs of the community by promoting spiritual, health, education and social enhancement, through policy, strategic development and services.
We are looking for an experienced Imam/Backup Jumaa Khateeb Saturday School Supervisor.
IMAM JOB SPECIFICATION
The Imam will be responsible for devising and implementing systems and procedures for all of the responsibilities described below. The successful candidate will therefore need to be flexible in both managing the weekly hours and approaches in order to carry out duties effectively and efficiently.
This role requires a minimum of two days per week, Fridays & Saturdays and
the normal duties will be as follows:
1. Leading Maghrib-Isha prayers for two days per week.
2. Leading funeral prayers in the Mosque
3. Conduct of Nikah, when and if requested.
4. Tutor in the Saturday school, with the eventual aim of managing the Saturday school, ensuring it is run to a high standard.
5. Teaching adult classes on Friday and Saturday evenings of every week.
6. Running Fatawa session after each Friday prayer.
To have right to work in the UK.
To have proper knowledge and understanding of the required level in Islam from recognized international institution.
To have an in-depth understanding and adherence of the Islamic perspective of Religious Pluralism.
To have excellent command in both written and spoken English
To have proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
To have 3 years, minimum, experience of Imamat.
How to apply:
Please submit your CVs and application letters by 12th April 2016 to: [email protected]
We are looking for a talented teacher to cover the Pilot class (ages 6-7) on Saturdays between 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.